Wednesday, March 03, 2010

1st day

"Mere abstention from food has no effect on the spirit. It is only a symbol, a reminder."

this is what that was goin on in me mind the whole day today... im not sure if im doin it right.. i even unconsciously slipped a kacang in me mouth to test if it had masuk angin! SIN i have! :(
i hope that 1 kacang didnt harm me fast..


i wanna find what is that effect it has on the spirit... and how isit some people come to love the fast so much...

18days to go to find out...

4 comments:

Sab said...

Lol, are you saying you don't love it?

Anyway, don't sweat about the kacang, once I was cooking spagetthi for breakfast, and I had some sauce on my finger when I finished, I absent-minded-ly licked it...it was about half an hour before time to breakfast too...I felt so bad after that....But i think, in the essence of it all, it's not so much that we refrain from food that counts...

More to our willpower and inner strength...Accidents are merely what it is, accidents.

peka-lynna said...

I agree with Sab Sab...its the sincerity of motive that counts. Lets NOT compare...but what's the difference between a person who fasted 19 Days and 19 Nights while not being faithful to the laws and a person who struggles yet is being faithful to the covenant?
Hmm...food for thought...hahha what a pun. ;)

mimpiiii said...

aww...thanks babes!
yeah i blive that too la.. now its opposite, at nite oso im like thinkin im fasting.. haha..me poor head!

Sab said...

OMG, I get what you mean...I'd be in front of the com, thirsty but not drink...only to realize much later..."Oi, adui, fasting over for the day d lah" -_-"

Pekkie is right as well, I don't think practices, while important, should mean more than the essence that you get and retain from the teaching...but that is not to say the practices should be ignored lah